Transfer Grades from Blackboard
Faculty can approve grades in the Blackboard Grade Center and transfer those grades to UAConnect.
Note: Only the Instructor of Record is able to transfer grades from Blackboard to UAConnect. Teaching Assistants are
unable to use this process.
A letter grade is required to transfer grades. Grades will not transfer if the column is set to display a number, such as a score or percentage. For the grade column, use one of the following column settings:
- A calculated column type with Primary Display set to "Letter"
- A text column type with Primary Display set to "Text"
Hint: Name the column you want to transfer to make it easier to identify in the full list of Grade Center columns in a future step (e.g. Final Grade, Mid-Term Grade, UAConnect Grade).
Only those courses listed in AFLS, ARCH and LAWW can have the +/- in the grade column for official grades in UAConnect.
- Access the desired course on the Full Grade Center in Blackboard.
- Click Manage from the top menu. Select Grade Approval and Transfer from the drop-down list.
- Look for the list of courses under the Course ID, Course Name and Approval Status columns in the new window.
- Select the Status check box of the course and click the Grade Column Approval and Transfer button. A purple banner at the top of the page indicates that grades have been approved successfully. The approval status now indicates that column as Approved.
- Look for the course grade columns in the new window and select the check box for the letter grade column you want to transfer to UAConnect.
- Click the Extract Grades button. A purple banner at the top of the page indicates that the Extract Successfully Ran and the Approval Status now shows that column as Extracted.
Note: You must complete the UAConnect transferred grade process below before final grades are due. The extracted grades will expire after 15 days.
- Log in to your UAConnect Faculty Homepage.
- Click the Grade Roster link to open the appropriate roster.
- Select Final Grade in the Grade Roster Type drop-down menu in Display Options.
- Click the Upload from Bb button to upload the grades extracted from Blackboard.
- Review the results page that shows the number of grades that were successfully uploaded.
- If all grades were not successfully added with the upload, you will need to manually input the grades on the grade roster in UAConnect. Select the Final Grade roster type to enter those grades. Grade boxes will be available in the Roster Grade column.
- When all grades have been successfully entered, click the Approval Status drop-down menu and select Submitted.
- Click Save.
Note: You must click Save for grades to be submitted.