A What-If? report is an academic advisement report where the user supplies the desired major information to determine what degree requirements would need to be satisfied. This option is useful for students who are uncertain as to which degree to pursue, what major to choose, or how changes to the requirement terms (catalog years) may affect them.
Students, advisors or administrative users can use this feature. Students access this
feature through the Student Homepage, Degree Audit Tile. Advisors access the feature from the Advisor Homepage on the Degree Audit (Advisor) link. Authorized administrative users access this from the Degree Audit page.
Note: Use the information from this report in conjunction with the Catalog of Studies.
- Navigate to the appropriate home page (student or advisor) and click the tile or link.
- The Degree Audit Plan Selection page opens.
- Scroll to the What-If? section at the bottom of the page.
- Click either the Major (default) or the Minors and Other Plans radio button. Only one option can be selected and run at a time.
- Click Run Report when all fields are complete.
- Review the degree audit for the selected program.
Note: If the student has completed the FERPA restrictions page or the FERPA 3rd Party Release page, or has a negative service indicator on their account, the different icons will be displayed accordingly.