Query Naming Convention
The University of Arkansas has defined a naming convention for queries that are developed in UAConnect. Knowing this naming convention should assist you in locating queries.
All UAConnect query names begin with UA_, followed by the characters that define the department or college, which is followed by another underscore. The remaining characters define the query more specifically.
Some examples of department conventions are:
- AD = Undergraduate Admissions
- SR = Student Records
- SF = Student Financials
- FA = Financial Aid
- GR = Graduate School Admissions
Following is an example of a query using the correct naming convention: UA_AD_UGRD_APPLS
- UA_ The first part of the query name that is required on all University of Arkansas generated queries.
- AD_ The college or department creating the query. In this example, the department is Undergraduate Admissions.
- UGRD_APPLS Describes what the query does. In this example, it pulls undergraduate applications.